Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Heck Yah, I'll help you!

Friday was the day, the day to do both a swim and a run.  Fridays won't usually be a swimming day, but due to holiday and being out of town...I wanted to get in an extra swim.  But I also wanted to run with a couple friends.

I was stoked when a couple dear friends asked if I could help get them ready to run RnR Seattle!  Heck, yah I will.  Always excited to help people reach their goal.  Bummed that RnR is changing their course since I knew it like the back of my hand.  I can't imagine it could be more flat than the previous course.  We will see?  Having the start and finish at the same place will be VERY NICE.

Anyway...Friday was the day.  My swim was great!  I am getting used to my new stroke...a little change can feel like a HUGE change in the pool and I'm finally getting used to it.  Got out of the pool a few minutes early to make my running date.  Had to wash the chlorine out of my hair and dry it since running in 36 degree weather would NOT be smart in wet hair.  Being a girl can be annoying sometime...

Rachel and Jody...we have some good times!
Met up with my friends and we were ready to go.  We took it nice and easy and I was so impressed with both of these ladies determination and drive!  They are so ready to train and run their first half marathon.  It was a beautiful, COLD day and we enjoyed the great views and catching-up.  It was all about the running and our plan for the half.  Can't wait to see them through their training and to watch them CROSS the FINISH LINE of their first HALF MARATHON!  Go LADIES!

We ran the turkey trot route which is mostly flat and then a huge hill at the end.  It's a great course to train on...and a perfect 5k! Boo-yah...


After our run!  I know they weren't thrilled with taking another picture, but we have to document the journey!  Come on!  Oh and the pool behind us is where I lifeguard!  

Good luck ladies, going after your dream!  
It will be an amazing journey that you will never forget.  
LET'S DO THIS!


6 comments:

Marlene said...

Leaving the pool into the cold with wet hair is the worst part!!

Awesome that you are inspiring others and helping them reach their goals - does it get any better?

fancy nancy said...

How lucky they are to have you to work with them...and of course document the journey good or sweaty!

Unknown said...

...and that is my #1 excuse not to swim. Wet hair.

You guys did great, and I know that hill at the end is for realz. How fun to train with two friends who are doing their first half. I'm so excited for them!

Rach said...

I am so blessed by you - and your determination to see me through this half marathon! What would I do w/out you??!! You are such an inspiration. Not loving the pics of me...but it does document that I did that run! Love you Lady!!

Tricia said...

exciting!

(I'm running RnR SEA too!!)

Kerrie said...

Hard core in a Lulu jacket, yes?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...