Thursday, January 19, 2012

3-T-T


1.  FYI...Apparently you still need BODY GLIDE while riding the bike trainer!  Who knew?  Clearly not me?  I like to share my "lessons learned" with you all so you can listen...and learn!  Don't say I didn't warn you!  One bike ride you might think...not a big deal?  But you never know what the next ride will bring.  Consider yourself warned!



2.  Focus!  Focus is a great thing.  I can't believe how happy I am working at all 3-sports.  I never get bored and I'm running around loving every thing I'm doing.  I have yet to sign-up for a Tri.  Still waiting to figure out what the best Tri would be to do around here.  Either way I'm training...very causally, nothing official yet.  Just getting warmed up with all of the sports.  I love that I can bike at home!  I love that switching everything up makes me look forward to the next activity and to be in the moment!  Looking forward to my bike purchase and then I will probably register for a few races.  I am working on spreading my purchases out, which is not easy.  The purchases for this sport is never ending!  I have to watch my wallet!


Back-pack, Back-pack!
This carried his mobile EEG.
3.  Personal note!  My youngest son, Cole was diagnosed with Epilepsy in November.  He is 3-1/2 and we were shocked at the events leading up to this diagnosis because I had no idea he was having seizures and swore he didn't have them until we witnessed two within a 10-hour period when we were at the hospital.  When he was diagnosed I was shocked to have so many friends and family come forward with stories of people they knew who have epilepsy.  There is many forms of epilepsy and luckily his is one that we hope he will grow out of.


I mention all of this because I'm sure some of you might know someone who has epilepsy or you might even have been diagnosed and maybe can help.  They have prescribed him Keppra and I'm worried they are having side effects.  He get angry, throws fits, hits and gets so mad.  The side effects mention anger, irritability and a long list of other things.  The problem is, Cole is 3-1/2 which is a VERY tough time as far as attitude goes.  Is it the meds or his age?  I have heard that Keppra can cause anger issues and have heard a few people on the same medication deal with this.  I figured I would ask and see if any of you have feedback or ideas?  I hate the idea of trying all types of medication?  Luckily we have seen no seizures since he started the keppra, but we weren't really seeing them before either.   We meet with our neurologist at the end of the month and will get more information then.  Thanks ahead of time for any tips and/or feedback you might have!
Playing soccer...you can't keep Cole down! 
Clearly very effected!  Watching tv, gifts and visitors, yummy snacks!  What's wrong with being in the hospital?
We called this...his Avatar.  It was the EEG reading his brain waves.

5 comments:

fancy nancy said...

Thanks for the warning for Bodyglide!

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through all of that with Cole! I wish I had more to offer as far as advice but I do have a 3 year-old and her behavior is all over. It may be the age or his meds. I can offer prayers that this will become clearer for you all!

Michelle said...

Cole looks like your average fabulous 3-year old! I hope someone has some insight as to the medicine side effects.
Congrats on training for the tri. I have such an aversion to swimming. Wish I could get over it. I can swim, but just don't enjoy it much. Love reading your posts about it, though!

Marlene said...

My littlest sister had epilepsy as an infant. Unfortunately I have no idea about the meds. Either way, I hope he snaps out of it soon!

Agreed, I love all the variety of tri sport training. So much fun!! Can't wait to see what races you pick.

Unknown said...

Hope you made it safely to Vegas to miss out on the ice storm! To add to your things you learned about biking, I also just learned that you don't wear underwear under bike shorts. Did you know that? I sure didn't!

Unknown said...

Super big hugs to Cole (and you for that matter). I know nothing about the medicines so I can't help you out there, but keeping you in my thoughts!

Yes... body glide on the bike is a must. And yay for loving the new job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...