Saturday, January 28, 2012

11-Random Things...

Woo-hoo...my friend at Racing with Babes tagged me for the FAMOUS-Random- 11-things!  You've been waiting for me to play, right?  Right!  Ok, first things first...RULES

Here are the rules:

1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.



My RANDOM-11-things:


1.  When I was little, maybe 4 or 5 I was skiing with my dad and we were on the chair lift and I almost fell off, like hanging off.  My little hands held on while my body and ski's dangled from the lift.  My dad was desperately trying to pull me up!  Very scary!  That was my last time skiing until the year 1999.  I haven't done much since then...it's really not my thing.  As you can see...I live life on the EDGE!


2.  I met my husband in 1995, while we were in high school.  We went to separate high schools and he was 2 years ahead of me.  I worked at an espresso cart and he worked in the store where the cart was kept at night.  He would help me push the cart in at night!  Seems like a different life...all those years ago!  


3.  I'm left handed


4.  I laugh at myself...no really, I think I'm funny sometimes!


5.  I think I have pretty feet.


6.  I grew up with my dad and brother until I was 8 years old when my dad got remarried.


7.  I knew what day my boys were going to be born.  Well I wrote down a day that I thought they would be born on...months before they were due and BOTH of them were born on the actual dates I had written down.  (pretty sure I could be a payed psychic?)


8.  I used to work for AFLAC and I am still licensed to sell insurance in the State of Washington!  Lucky me...I know...AFLAC! (can you hear the duck right now?)


9.  When I was little I loved to clean my room for FUN and set-up real life scenes with my cabbage patch dolls...sitting at a desk writing, playing with a  stuffed animal...yah, I was very creative!  I wish cleaning was still as fun!


10.  I bought my first house at 19.


11.  I love, love Vacation!  Probably because I'm LAZY and lazy and vacation go very well together!


Racing with Babes questions:


1. Birthdays. Love them or hate them. Why?

LOVE them!  Always LOVE them!  It's a great day to feel loved on and the only day I can say I want to have some ME time and it's totally acceptable and assumed!

2. Get your purse/gym bag: What are the first five things you pull out?
Purse... chap-stick, gum, brush, wallet, phone.
Gym bag...ipod, heart-rate monitor/garmin, water bottle, phone, book

3. What is the one meal you can make better than anyone else?

That's a toss-up!  Beef Stroganoff and Meat Loaf.  SUPER easy and SUPER yummy!

4. You get one wish. No restrictions. What is it?

That my kids would never be hurt or harmed!  Always safe and protected! 
Never having to worry about money would be very nice too!

5. Cake or Pie?
Pie...of course

6. What's your secret talent?

I can move my ears!  Can you?

7. Early bird or night owl?

Night owl

8. Biggest pet peeve?

People who play mind games and are dishonest!  Honesty is significant!


9. What's your favorite weird food combination? (i.e. ice cream and pickles)
When I was a kid the only way I would eat rice is with ketchup!  I love baked potatoes with ranch dressing! 


10. Which would you choose? No social media for a year or no working out for a month? Why?  
No working out for a month!  I could give-up facebook and twitter and have for the last few months.  But I couldn't give up email, reading blogs for an entire year.  A month, yes...a year...that's too long.

11. What are you sending me for my birthday?

A subscription to Triathlete!  If you want it?


My Questions:
1. Sugar or Salt?
2. How did you meet your significant other?
3. If you could LIVE any where, where would it be?
4. Whats your guilty pleasure? Something you enjoy doing in your free time.
5. Would you rather be a singer, actor or dancer? 
6. If you could meet anyone, who would it be?
7. Beach or Snow?
8. What would be your dream job?
9. A life lesson that has helped you?
10. What would you do with a million dollars?
11. Best childhood memory?


Because so many people have been tagged...this is a OPEN to all!  You could also just answer my questions in a post!  Would love to read what you write.  Let me know!

4 comments:

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

I loved learning all these things about you. You seriously bought a house at 19. I bought a car when I was 19. So different.

And yes, of course I want that gift!

ajh said...

Are you doing a half ironman for your first tri? If so, wow! Are you a good swimmer? I will have to try the breathing both sides thing although I can't imagine how I could do it. But my son has told me the same thing.

Kerrie said...

Try broccoli with mayonnaise on it sometime. Delish!

Fun list, Jill! Looking forward to Monday; it's been too long!

PS: my word verification is "queen"

Marlene said...

Love these posts!

OMG sooo crazy with the ski lift story!!! Gah. I'd be scarred for life. Your dad probably is!

I love that you laugh at yourself.

Okay, I'll answer... why not!

1. Sugar or Salt? - SUGAR
2. How did you meet your significant other? - HIGHSCHOOL :)
3. If you could LIVE any where, where would it be? SAME TOWN I AM IN, MAYBE A BIGGER HOUSE ON A QUIETER STREET ;)
4. Whats your guilty pleasure? Something you enjoy doing in your free time. READING YOUNG ADULT FICTION
5. Would you rather be a singer, actor or dancer? DANCER, for the BODY!
6. If you could meet anyone, who would it be? BON JOVI
7. Beach or Snow? BEACH BABY
8. What would be your dream job? TEACHER IF IT PAID BETTER
9. A life lesson that has helped you? YOU CAN'T HELP ANYONE ELSE UNLESS YOU HELP YOURSELF FIRST
10. What would you do with a million dollars? PAY OFF DEBT (US + FAMILY), BUY A NEW HOUSE + COTTAGE, GO ON AN AWESOME TRIP
11. Best childhood memory?
CAMPING WITH MY GRAND PARENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...