Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1-2-3, BATHS!



1 shower after masters swimming...
1 shower after teaching swimming...
1 bath because I was cold....before bed!

And all of that within 10 hours!  Yep, that's how I roll...I prefer baths if I can!  And no...I don't take ice baths...not my thing!  That was one nice thing about Vegas, the BIG bathtub that I could soak in.  I'm always ticked with my friends who have big tubs and say things like "Oh, I never use it"!  Are you kidding me?  Why did you buy that house then? Ok, I know there is more to a house than the bathtub!  Loren and I always say that our next house HAS to have a big tub!  Why don't you use your big tub?  Why...please use it for those of us who can't?

Um, yah this would be PERFECT!  You think these people use their tub?  Yah...I think so!


And yes...Starbucks too!
Trust me...if it was safe to blog and take a bath...I would be writing this from my bathtub!  After the gym, I come home set-up a snack for Cole and get the bath going, I bring my cell, my home phone and sometime my kindlefire...to listen to Pandora of course...and/or read blogs!  I make phone calls and text...yah I'm totally that PERSON!  HAHA!  My friends all know it too! I want to be useful with my time, relax and not be rushed...I think I'm totally normal?  No, No, you don't think that's normal...well, not really sure what to say now!

In other, more important, useful news...

One of the reasons I love blogging is because of all the people you meet through it!  Well maybe "Meet" isn't the right word, but you get to know people from their blogs and comments, which is FANTASTIC!  If you are lucky you actually do get to meet some face-to-face!

I found Carole's blog recently HERE and she happens to be a triathlon coach...SWEET!  I have found a lot of new triathlete blogs...it's been awesome.  Isn't blogging great!  So much great advice, feedback and encouragement in the blogging world, it's full of some AMAZING resources!  It's the best! Carole was sweet enough to email me some great YOUTUBE video's on swimming!  Thanks Carole for the links!

Thought I would pass them on to you...

This is the first video to watch to help eliminate the "dropped elbow" -- the #1 problem most swimmers experience.  Look how Karlyn helps you get the high elbow and the "catch".  Use of the vasa trainer or simply using a flat bench at the gym with soup cans in your hands can be helpful:        
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTQpF_mmg44
 
Then this video for catch up drill.  I like this for 1-arm drill visuals too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9AlqfbG6uw&feature=related

Maybe they will help you too.  I have never even thought of using youtube for video's on swimming?  I tried to work on this during my swim workout...very useful!  I love that people take the time to send you helpful and useful information!  Thanks Again, Carole!  

Question time...
  • Do you prefer baths or showers? That's not weird to ask?  or is it?
  • Have you ever used YOUTUBE for tip and/or tricks with something?  Maybe even a workout?
I do remember one time locking the keys in our office and I checked youtube out for a video on picking a lock, very useful!  You never know what you will find on the Internet!



7 comments:

Marlene said...

I've used Youtube for instructions on training a tire and stroke techniques!

I have showered u to 2 times in a day depending on my workouts. I also need a hot bath before bed in the winter, especially after an evening swim!

Unknown said...

I am a shower person and yes I think I have taken 3 showers in a day. We have a great tub but if I am in and my 4 year old is awake she wants to be in it also. :) LOL

track coach and adorable wife said...

I enjoy an occasional bath, but our tub is tiny! Maybe if I had a sweet setup, I would take more!

fancy nancy said...

I would much rather shower than take a bath but that bath could change things! Nice!!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

i lived in a house for a year that did not have a shower. it did have a beautiful claw footed tub. i learned to appreciate the bath again. loved taking them as a child.

new follower. fun blog!

Michelle said...

I'm a shower girl, but I do love the occassional bath! :)

Bethany + Ryan said...

Hi! I've been MIA for a long time! Trying to get back in the loop now! Look at all that snow you guys got! wow! I'm a shower girl, it's rare when i only take 1 a day. Swimming is a killer, can't get away without showering after that! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...