Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Rewind- BLACK CAT FUN RUN!

This is the best picture...out of all of them. And it still isn't clear!  Oh well, I gave up...we had to get to our run!
Just found this on the race website...Yayyy...I picture that isn't blurry.

Black Cat FUN Run, was just that.  From the moment I saw the poster at the gym advertising this run, I knew I wanted in.  It was a 5-mile run at night, through 5-mile drive, which is a beautiful trail at Pt. Defiance Park with some amazing views. 


Diana, Kellie and I decided to wear tutu's and black.  Thank You to Diana for easy, make your own Tu-tu's.  We had a cute outfit and were ready to go.  We got our head lights and gloves ready and were off.  The starting line was non-existent and un-organized!  Luckily the rain held off for the most part, but it was COLD.  Surprisingly it wasn't too dark when we started running.  The first couple miles were a little bit of a climb and I felt winded right away and was hoping I would find my groove, but would end up feeling that way the whole time.  Kellie and I were trying to push it as fast as we could for as long as we could.  We chatted and watched all the costumes around us.  PEOPLE are creative!  A few of the costumes were a little scary with masks, which I'm not into scary, but hey...to each their own.  It was fun and as we got to 3.5 miles it was mostly down hill, which was LOVELY!  Kellie took off at the end, which I always tell my friend to do if they can do it!  It got darker as we were finishing and raining, but we pushed it to the end.


This race was a total fun run.  It had no official start and no chip-time, which I haven't done before. Diana kept reminding me, "Jill, it's a fun run"...and yes it was.  We for sure will be doing this race again next year.  WE got a great pair of gloves and a glow necklace...SWEET!  Oh and I forgot to tell you that it wasn't even 5 miles, it was 4.78 miles, which I ran in 44 minutes which was a 9:11 pace.  Feel free to check out the elevation, HERE


Pictures didn't come so easy for this race...I tried, but as some of you know...I'm still learning to take my amazing cell phone pictures.  This phone has taken some of my talent away, but here is what we got.



Oh shoot, you didn't even get to see our tutu's!  Oh well, Esper, Kellie, Diana and I are the only faces you get to see...good thing we are cute!  After our FUN RUN we headed to sushi before we had to get home to our families.  Fun times, Fun Run, FUN Friends!

Extra-EXTRA...I just found a few of the pictures from the Race Site...

Drinking HOT chocolate after a race...mmm...good!

7 comments:

Marlene said...

So fun! Love the tutus!!

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Super cute!! I love the themed wear you and your friends coordinated!!

Rae said...

Your tutus are awesome!

Unknown said...

How fun! You guys looked great. So glad you posted about this race.

Fruit Fly said...

Fun! I like the idea of a night time Halloween themed race. Glad you all had a great time!

Bethany + Ryan said...

this looks like so much fun! awesome!

Karyn said...

What a fun race... I love the tutus! I wore one in my halloween race too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...