Thursday, November 11, 2010

Almost there!!!

989.74

That's how many miles I have run in 2010, which means I'm only 10.26 miles away from hitting 1,000! Woot-Woot!  Thank you TALL-MOM for the 1,000 mile challenge.  It has kept me running when I haven't wanted to run.  Having a GOAL is so important!  In fact it's time to start thinking of GOALS for 2011.  How is that even possible that 2010 is almost over...wow, that is crazy.  It seems like I just organized my 2010 goals!

Can't wait to have my training partner back.  My friend, Jamie has been nursing an injury and is almost ready to run again!  I can't wait.  Jamie has decided not to run Seattle Marathon, but it going to run Seattle Rock-n-Roll with me in June.  Praying that she can stay injury free between now and RnR Seattle.  I have missed our runs together and can't wait to get back into our run/chat time.  It's amazing how you feel like you have so much time with someone when you run together and when you miss out on the runs, you feel like you never see each other anymore.  That's what makes running with friends so great...it's such a great time to connect in a busy world.  Running always gives you time to slow down and catch up with each other. 

THANKSGIVING is 2 weeks away!  WHAT!  How did that sneak up on us.  Who is running a TURKEY TROT?  This will be such a fun tradition!

10 comments:

Ewa said...

You are almost there. Congrats.
Thanksgiving is in two weeks? Are you kidding me????

Jen said...

Congrats! I know how you feel about running with a friend. I am missing my partner as well right now and I feel like we're out of touch! I'm glad yours is coming back soon!
Oh, and I'm doing a Turkey Trot too! It will only be my second year but I think I need to make it a tradition!

Marlene said...

Girl, you are so close! Go get it!!

Unknown said...

I am so disappointed Jamie isn't running Seattle at Thanksgiving too! I was hoping to see you guys...

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

WE are meeting at the South Prairie trail head on Saturday morning for 10 miles if you are interested.. LET ME KNOW :) You could come to my house and we could ride together.. I will go whatever pace because I am OUT OF SHAPE.. Hugs! CONGRATS!!

TMB @ RACING WITH BABES said...

1000 is so yours! Congrats!

p.s. I miss you and you need to blog more often.

Sherry @ Life from my persective said...

I'm totally going to do the 1000 mile challenge next year... better yet 1100 for 2011! Congrats on being one run away from completing your challenge!!!

I am doing the 8 mile TT in Dallas this year... between the 8 mile and the 5k they expect 40k people... should be fun as always.

Jess @ Blonde Ponytail said...

Nice job Jill!! 2010 hs been a fab running yearfor you!!!

Fruit Fly said...

Oh you've got that 1000 without a problem!
Very impressive!!

Marlene said...

WOOHOO! Congrats on the 1000, Jill!! Awesome that you had some TALL company. :)

And how cool that you have the green M&M costume! We so need to do a costume run together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...