Resting on the grass after running 18.22 miles...Wow that was a GREAT run. It didn’t start out that way but it ended well. How can a PR day not end well, right? The first few miles I was a little out of it, my stomach hurt and the idea of having to run until 6 pm (started at 2:30) was getting to me. I quickly had to change my outlook and focus on this step and this mile and not worry about the rest. I was so happy to not have to run the entire way solo. My friend Diana asked me to run 9 with her today which worked out great. I would run 9 solo and meet her for the last 9. Breaking up a run does wonders on the MIND. Knowing that I had to 9 was great and running with her for the last 9 would change it up and keep my mind off the fact that I had already done 9.
Not fun stuff:
- Running up “Nice” hill at mile 9.
- Running “Mile-Long” hill twice. Could I do it at mile 13?
- 18 miles, new mileage always makes me nervous.
- At mile 11 I hit a mini-wall…Mental…Had to get through it and I did.
- I had to skip my chiropractor appointment to get my run in…Would my HIP be ok?
- Why does the last mile seem like 3?
- Diana encouraged me up my 2nd date with “Mile-Long” hill of day at mile 13, which was so helpful and funny because I was encouraging her last week up the exact same hill.
- Feeling some hip pain at mile 4 but it quickly went away…THANK GOODNESS!
- Breaking up a LONG run makes a HUGE difference.
- Running with a FRIEND who is running a distance PR is AWESOME.
- Having energy at mile 17.60 to run a little faster to finish….feel so GOOD!
- Finishing 18.22 miles and having me cell phone to post my success on Facebook…PRICELESS
So happy to be done. We both distance PR'd!!! NICE!Diana and I finished our run and rested on some grass before walking up “Nice” hill to get back to the gym to pick-up our kids. I cheered and yelled that I just ran 18.22 miles…I like to share my JOY! Long runs with friends is such a HUGE help to me…I can’t believe I waited so long to do it. One of the great things about running a distance like this is that it’s really allowing me to realize that I will and can run 26.2 miles. Knowing that after 18 miles I have 8.2 miles left…I can visualize that and before I really couldn’t. That really makes me value my training more and more.
Oh yah...that girl just ran 9 miles...furthest run ever! You rocked it DIANA! So proud of you!I am so excited that I have my long run done before the weekend. I can go out with my husband tomorrow night without having to worry about my food intake for my long run and I don’t have to get up early Saturday….I am sleeping in! Getting the run in early…PRICELESS!
1st Half (solo):
2nd Half (w/ Diana):
Thank you feet for getting me through 18.22 miles!