- I split my run into 4, 4 mile segments to break-it up.
- Tried to go slower so I could enjoy the run and be stronger at the end. Going slower is hard to do.
- Took me about 13 miles to get into gear…
- Miles 13 & 14 were fast and I felt good. Maybe going a little slower did help because usually I am so tired at the end of my long run.
- Why does the last mile seem to last FOREVER?
- How am I going to run 18 next week?
- The first 8 miles seemed to go slower than the last 8…the last eight seemed to fly by.
To get my 16 miles in I have to do a loop. I ran into one guy twice and when I saw him the second time he looked at me and seemed surprised. I thought to myself…That’s right buddy I am running 16 miles today…he must be so impressed, right? When we finally got closer he asked me if I had done that loop and with a big smile “I said yep, I am running 16 miles today” Knowing that he would be BLOWN away…well he actually didn’t seem to care at all and wanted to know how many miles that loop is. Um…don’t you want to know how far I am running? I told him I thought it was for 4 or 5…but wasn’t exactly sure. Maybe he didn’t hear me right…SIXTEEN MILES? Oh well…I am impressed and think it’s totally cool that I am running 16 MILES…even if strangers aren't impressed.
Get Better KERRIE so we can run 18 next week!