I can't believe it's already here. Whats interesting (and I'm thankful for it) is that as MARATHON day gets nearer, I am getting less nervous and way more excited. Nerves can really mess with you when things are so far in the future. Time allows you to play things out in your head, worry, let your negativity get the best of you, question your ability too many times over. As my marathon day gets closer I know it's going to happen and the reality is really starting to settle in! I am READY, I am confident that I will cross that finish line, so Seattle Rock 'n Roll BRING IT ON!
Some of the things I am looking forward to:
- Blogger Meet Up Dinner
- The Expo
- The starting line and seeing 28,000 people in one area
- My Victory Lap
- To bring closure to this LIFE CHANGING journey.
- The AMAZING views of SEATTLE
- Running with other runners
- Seeing my friends/support crew at the halfway point
- My dear friend running with me for the last half
- The energy from 28,000 runners
- The sun that WILL be shining, but the few clouds that will give me shade (PLEASE GOD)
- To FULFILL A lifelong DREAM!
- To finish and see my FRIENDS AND FAMILY!
- To sport my Foil blanket after I finish...nothing says Marathoner like a Foil Blanket
- To be able to focus on something other than my marathon (it has kind of consumed my life or at least my mind)
- To continue to INSPIRE others.
- To think about my NEXT Marathon...
Today will be my last training run. Can you believe that? I can't. Time to relax, sleep and eat some carbs.
Thanks for all of your great advice and support. The community through Bloggy World is way more than I ever expected. I started this blog to journal this journey to my first marathon and never expected that I would find such great friendships. Part of my excitement for this weekend is meeting some of you. I hope to meet more of you in the future.
Running becomes way more than you ever expect and I'm VERY grateful for that.