A few thoughts and lessons learned today:
- When I set my mind to something like a route and a schedule...and then it changes...it does affect my run! (Lesson Learned...EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED in RUNNING)
- For the FIRST time in my life, that I am aware of...I have a normal cholesterol level! High cholesterolruns in my family and every time I have been tested doctors have been shocked by my high numbers. I haven't got it checked for a few years. Last week I got it checked and it has gone down 60 points! I can only assume because of the RUNNING! Praise GOD...this is so exciting to me! I can't even begin to tell you!
- When you are excited about something (like the above) don't change your route for a good view if it means going UP major, NEW, unplanned HILLS! (Lesson Learned)
- It was beautiful here today! Best day of the year. Warm, sunny and CLEAR so I wanted to run with a view of the water! Danger...Danger...Don't run on a new route with major hills when you are running your first 10 MILER of the year!!! (Lesson Learned)
- Walking is not bad...especially when it allows you to finish!!!
- After a hard run...IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER next time!
Running has a way of humbling you on certain days. I know that but I am reminded of it on certain days. It's great marathon training because I am sure that when you HIT THE WALL while running a MARATHON you have to overcome it...MIND over MATTER! I took today as reminder that the marathon will be tough and I have to work through it to FINISH!
Calories Burned: 1288
My mom and I before our run...She didn't want to wear the bondiband how it's supposed to be worn!
887.51 - 12.09 = 875.42 miles left to run in 2010