Wednesday, March 3, 2010

7x2=14....7+7=14...14 Miles!!! 14 miles and some Emotions!

Tomorrow I will run the furthest I have ever run...14 miles! I think the furthest I have run to date is 13.3. Its days like tomorrow that make my heart beat fast. 14 miles may not seem like a big deal to some...but to me it's a big deal. I still remember my first double digit run...do you? It's funny because sometimes when I'm running; on big days like tomorrow I want to tell everyone while I am running..."Hi I am Jill and I am running 14 miles right now...and it's my first time running this distance". It makes me proud to see where I am going, where I have been and the journey in between.


I feel so blessed to have such a great group of people that care about me and support my running. Some of things people have said to me, this week about my running brings tears to my eyes. They have no idea how much it means to me to hear their thoughts and encouragement. Some of these people are very close to me and others don’t know me that well. The encouragement I get from them is HUGE and it makes me want to keep going on this journey. This journey that is more than just RUNNING...it's my life. I started running to lose weight, but like most of us who run it ends up being WAY more than just a physical, healthy thing to do...it becomes our freedom, our passion and more.


Some will never know the feeling of finishing a run that feels like you just ACHIVED something BIG…Big for YOU! (I wish I could be better with my words...my thoughts never seems to translate as well once I start typing.)
Thank you to all of you bloggers who post motivating, inspirations things each day and who encourage me. I love reading your comments....I love it.


Now to go map my 14 miles!

11 comments:

Hannah said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!! I hope you have a fabulous 14 miler! Those moments are so exciting as the mileage increases and new distance PR's are being set all the time. Right there with you. Incredible feeling!

Can't wait to hear all about it. :)

Kerrie said...

Woohoo! How exciting. You're going to rock your run tomorrow!

Derek said...

That is great and I love your enthusiasm. I don't remember my 1st 10 miler, 14 miler or even 20 miler, but I need to find the joy in running that you have. Keep up the good work and have a great run tomorrow. It's all about the journey we take as we become better runners.

Jen said...

You can do it... and then come back a write about it. I have my 10 miler on Saturday and I could have written this post. It is huge.

BTW: Check out my blog for a sport's bra giveaway.

ajh said...

14 miles is always big. My friend and I were just remembering the other day when 6 was a long run! You will feel so good when you are done!

Anonymous said...

And it will be a great, strong, and wonderful 14 miles! I have noticed it helps to start hydrating the day before. Have fun!

Julie said...

Hi Jill,
Woo hoo! Fourteen mile!! That is one mile farther than I have gone!! Good for you....you can do this:) Running is a passion and we who run are better for it!!

Ewa said...

Hey, where did my comment go? I guess it must have lost its way somewhere.

Let me try again.

After your enjoyable 14 miles you deserve a nice bubble bath with soothing music and a hot drink of your choice, hot chocolate comes to my mind.

Good luck.

Paige (The Last Doughnut) said...

14 miles is super! It is always fun to push the limits and see just how far you can go! Love it!!!

Karen said...

14! That is the best feeling to start racking up mileage that you never thought you would reach. WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

That's ok that your pace was a bit slower...it is a training run, so it is supposed to be slower than your race pace. You did a great job! Pat yourself on the back and go enjoy your day knowing that you kicked butt yesterday by running 14 freakin' miles!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...