Thursday, March 8, 2012

Training Plans...HELP!?!?!

So, whats up?  I need a training plan!  

I have 17.5 weeks until the Olympic which means it's time to jump into an official training schedule.  I need your help!  I have looked at some online, but they can be a bit confusing.  So I thought I would ask my trusty, bloggy friends who have been where I am right now.

What have you used?

What do you like?

I want to work on the Bike to Run a lot since that is the biggest struggle.  I feel like swimming with Masters twice a week is enough training for the swim portion, what do you think?  Biking and running is what I need to do more of.

I'm also running the RnR Seattle Half, 2-weeks before the Olympic...I feel like that should be fine.  Right?

I think a lot of my biking will be done on the trainer since we don't have a lot of great areas to bike where I live.  Hoping to bike some trails on the weekends, but during the week...it will be TRAINER time!


Would love feedback, tips, advice...any direction to a training plan would be very helpful!

10 comments:

H Love said...

I agree.....not we wait for the "comments" :)

Marlene said...

I've got NOTHING! Flying by the seat of my pants here. I need to rectify that soon. I need direction!

Ewa said...

I wish I could help. I am so undisciplined when it comes to following training plans that I've stopped looking for any. I make up my own and change them frequently depending on how my body is responding.

ajh said...

I'm reading the comments hoping to find some help for myself. None, yet! Please let us know what you decide and find.

Kerrie said...

Am I supposed to be doing something? I haven't picked a race yet! I think the Kent one is the same weekend as this relay thing that I don't want to name because I don't want to jinx myself...

Ricole said...

Which triathlon did you choose? Let me know what you find out about training plans, I need one too ! Or else I feel like I will just make it up, which seems like a baaaaad idea!

Karen said...

I like the plans on trinewbies.com and beginnertriathlete.com. Some of the plans out there have all kinds of heart rate training and other instruction, I liked the trinewbies one as a beginner becuase it was just swim x, run, x bike x without a lot of the extra things. For a first time, it seemed much less complicated.

Running Girl said...

No training plan suggestions, but I'm thinking of running the Seattle R&R too - perfect timing to kick of the summer. :-)

5 Miles Past Empty said...

I went to the library and checked out The Triathlete's Training Bible. It gave me some great training tips. For whatever reason triathlon training plans are almost impossible to find free online. =/ But if you stick to you Master's swim you will be more than prepared for that. It is just the bike and bike to run to worry about after that.

I recommend focusing on true road biking, don't rely on spin....speaking from experience here. Hard fast bike rides then immediately run. These bricks will help tremendously. As for the trainer, try some intervals, hard for 30 seconds lay off for 1 min...kind of like a fartlek run.

And a good place to ride if you have time is 5 Mile Drive on the weekend mornings. They close it to cars and the road is yours. And of course you know it's super hilly. Excellent place to ride a lap or two then run a mile or two.

And yes, you will be FINE with the half two weeks out from the tri.

So proud of you Jill!!!

Dr. said...

I second the Triathlete's Training Bible! So much information in there.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...