Monday, March 5, 2012

I DID it...

Timing...it's a funny thing.  Last Friday after not working out two days due to scheduling conflicts with the kids I was thinking I have to register for a race!  Having something ahead of me always helps keep me FOCUSED

That afternoon I jumped onto Rev3 Portland site and at the eact same time a friend...who you probably know, texted me and said "I think I'm in for Rev3 Portland"...what...that's all I needed to push me over the edge.  So after some texts back and forth and getting excited...

I did it...

I registered for REV3 Portland Olympic Triathlon.

Had she wanted to do the Half Ironman...I would have done it.  I'm so excited to have someone to train with and to race with.  It's going to be a great time as we both get ready to journey to our first Olympic Triathlon.

Getting closer to purchasing a bike.  Visited another bike shop and test rode a Trek road bike and it was nice...the price was the best yet.  Wednesday I'm going to REI to check out some Scott road bikes since they just got their shipment in.  Can't wait to test them out and see what works.

I'm thrilled that my chiropractor loves triathlons and happened to have a road bike that he offered that I could borrow until I get my new bike!  Got it tuned up and just set it up on the trainer.  I finally got a bike sensor so I can see what I'm actually doing when I'm on the trainer.  That should be interesting...

4 comments:

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

YAY so happy for you!

Marlene said...

Ohhhh so exciting!!!!!

Sherry @ Life from my persective said...

YAY!!!!

Jen said...

You are so brave! I can't wait to follow along and see how it goes! And I need to check out the bike sensor. I have no idea what I'm doing on my trainer!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...