Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Because PICTURES are always more fun!

Wordless Wednesday!

What have I been up too?  This...

Five Guys!  First Time...YUM
Start of our hike...
This is where I live!  
Gracie likes to sit....in the water!
Hiked down to the water...now time to go back up!
Test rode this...
and this!  

My step-mom called us late Friday night and offered to take the boys Saturday-Sunday!  Um, OK!  We always have plans when we have a sitter and have never had someone just take the boys overnight for the fun of it.  (oh the joys of the boys getting older, people take them for fun, not just because we need them too)  We didn't really know what to do with an open day!

We quickly figured it out...

Lunch at Five-Guys!  Yum...

Hiking down to Puget Sound!

Movie: Act of Valor...loved!

Relaxed at home for the night!  

WE made it work!  I love having time with hubby!

My dad was having his bike repaired and Monday we went and picked it up and I got to look at some bikes and take them for a ride!  I loved the look of the first one...why does color make a bike look so much cooler?  The first one looks more like a racing bike to me...I liked it!  They are basically the same bike, but a few minor differences.  His prices were great too which is significant!  Its been great looking at so many bikes and testing them out.  Can't wait to call one "Mine"...soon, soon!

9 comments:

Kurt @ Becoming An Ironman said...

It sounds like you made pretty good use of the day. I've heard nothing but good things about the Act of Valor movie too.

Any hunches as to which bike you might get?

fancy nancy said...

What a wonderful gift she gave you!! Umm yeah 5 guys is yum!!

Tara said...

OMG, the 5 Guys is making my tummy growl...YUM.

Is that a golden retriever sitting in the water? Mine loves the water too, she could be in there all day and not get tired of it.

LOVE the look of the first bike too. For some reason, you are right, color does make the bike. When I was looking for a new bike a few years ago, I was looking at WSD and they were all pink. UGH...finally found one that just had a touch of pink on it.

Ricole said...

I loooovvveee 5 guys. Way better than in n out I think. Where did you hike at? That looks beautiful!

Generation X (Slomohusky) said...

Five Guys Fries are only slightly better than Dicks. Only slightly because Dicks Fries for me are 1200 miles away. Five Guys - 3 miles. Hmm ... I think I run a 5K today?

ajh said...

Sounds like a great weekend. And there is nothing like a good burger!

Michelle @ www.movinitwithmichelle.com said...

OMG, Five guys is amazing, and so not on my diet plan, HAHAHA!!! I used to live in Achorage AK, the scenary is quite similar and so pretty! :-)

Marlene said...

Looks like the perfect way to spend a kid-free day! I need to try Five Guys next time I'm south of the border.

Madison M. said...

Five Guys is GREAT! Had my first experience there just this past weekend.. lol... Sounds like a great time!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...