Thursday, May 31, 2012

It's Still Thursday on the West Side...

1.  Tomorrow is Tri Training day!  What's that mean...a few of my friends and I are going to my dads to SWIM, BIKE and RUN!  We have a SPRINT tri to get ready for...don't you?  Looking forward to another open water swim.  I will report back soon with how much better it is than last Sunday...I promise...it has to be better, I'm swimming in my home lake...booya!  I'm curious to see how my transition will be with the wetsuit...thinking it will take some extra time!  This time I did remember the body glide...this is a GREAT thing. The best part will be training with my friends, can't wait! 

2.  Did a brick workout this week that included 18-mile bike and a 2-mile run.  The run was way faster than what I had planned.  Oh how I love flat surfaces!  I need to do more bricks and I swore I would and here we are a couple weeks from the first tri of the season and this is the hardest brick I have done to date...um, not what I had planned, but life happens and I have to roll with it or shall we say "Run" with it?

3.  Where is my motivation?  I signed up for Rev3 Portland because I thought it would motivate and push me like my marathon did...um nothing like that has happened!  What gives?  How did I have so much drive and motivation then and nothing now?  In fact I would rather just swim and bike and leave out the running part?  I also have RnR Seattle Half and have barely run.  I did run a double digit a month ago, but then I went on vacation and that messed everything up.  We will see how RnR goes.  I guess training for 3-sports or trying to train for 3-sports and living life with 2-kids isn't as easy as I thought or hoped?  Not to mention I work a couple days a week.  1-sport is way easier to manage than 3...I have now learned that...AFTER signing up for 2-Triathlons...I'm awesome!  Typical me...sign-up and ask questions LATER!

If you haven't already, you really should SIGN-UP for the Dilettante Triathlon.  It's true that the giveaway has already happened but why miss out on a FUN, ALL WOMEN'S Sprint Triathlon with Chocolate at the finish line?  Come on...it's going to be a party with a Triathlon thrown in the mix...BEST day!  Just sign-up and worry about the training after!  Come on...LET'S DO THIS!

4 comments:

H Love said...

I really want to come over for the TRI. That would be back to back weekends on the west side....ugh, so tempting! P.S. you are going to be great! I will be the one dog paddling around with my water wings on.

Marlene said...

It's definitely hard staying motivated while juggling the three sports. Most weeks, I find that I want to put all of my energy into one or the other, and neglect the others!

Have SO MUCH FUN with your big tri training day. Awesome idea!

Unknown said...

You are awesome!

fancy nancy said...

Seriously just thinking about training for all three makes me tired!! You're doing awesome!! Good luck this weekend with the practice tri!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...