Thursday, February 3, 2011

Three Things Thursday - Frustration Edition

Ughhhh....I'm frustrated!

1)  The Scale...I hate it!  Really weight...a pound, that is how much you are going to move?  I know everyone says don't rely on the scale, but what am I to do? I feel like I'm working out like crazy (maybe I just feel like I am) and NOTHING, NOTTA...NOPE!  Nothing seems to be happening.  I like to stay positive, but COME on...is this a joke!  Weight can pile on like crazy but to get it off...not so easy!  Let's be honest though, I'm not eating perfect, but it's not awful.  I guess I need to get back to writing it down so I can see what the problem is.  I just wish I could be one of those people who all of a sudden stop drinking POP (or something) and lose 5 pounds, but no...I have never been one of those lucky ones.  Weight is just a struggle and not I'm irritated!  On the POSITIVE side...I have seen my strength greatly improve so I know that is good sign, but why won't the scale show something then.  Why is losing weight so hard for me? 

2)  Running!  I miss my running time.  I am totally struggling to fit it in.  I guess am not good at multitasking!  With COLD weather (I know its MUCH colder in other areas) dark mornings and nights, the thought of being outside is not that appealing right now.  With limited childcare I have not been getting any runs in.  I want to run, but the time has not been allowing it.  I'm really looking forward to WARM weather and longer days so I can do evening runs!  Come back sunshine!  I don't want to be a seasonal runner, but it seems like my current position is just that!  Hoping over the weekend I can do a little of it so I can get out of my funk.  I had no idea that working 2 extra mornings would totally rearrange my schedule, who knew? 

3)  Bills!  Who loves money, paying bills and anything related to that?  I used to and I used to be really be organized with our bills with nice spreadsheets, reports, categorized expenses...it was AWESOME!  It took me a lot of time to keep up with it, but it was so fun.  Now...this has all changed once kids came into the picture and I'm no where near where I used to be with my reports and spreadsheets.  I'm asking for help!  I have used MINT.com for a while, but it's kind of annoying and is slow.  What do you use?  How do you keep it organized (if you don't mind sharing)? 

Positive side of things...I hate to be a downer especially when there are some fun things happening!  This last weekend we went to Safeco Field for FAN FEST.  Our boys LOVE, Love baseball so it was fun to go on the field, tour the clubhouse, run the bases and just have a fun FAMILY day.


Fun Famly!

Max not so happy, but Cole was loving it!

2nd Base!

Testing out the players helmet and bat, how fun!

Lets go throw some balls in the outfield!

Cheese...
My boys...love them!




Max having a fun time in the outfield.

Loren and I having some fun!

You know it was a good day when this is what happens!


9 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

I AGREE about the weight... UGH!! It will go down 2 pounds and up 3, HATE IT!!

Running, can you come on Saturday morning at Orting park? there are loads of Fleet Feeters different paces and distances..

My hubby handles the money, thank goodness.

MISS YOU!! LOVE YOU!! Hang in there

The pictures are great. We really do need a family play date ASAP.. What are you guys doing for the Super Bowl?? Maybe you can come over??

Unknown said...

I love that picture of Max pouting on the field, how cute!

And, it's all about the food I tell ya! I hate that, but it's true.

I keep our checkbook on Excel. Kind of lazy, but the budget is on there too. I'm crazy good at Algebra (ha!) so a simple Excel spreadsheet keeps me on track.

Miss you. I don't have plans to be up that way until this summer.

Marlene said...

Weight drives me CRAZY! It goes on in the sanp of a finger and takes months to come off. NO FAIR. Hang in there, girlie!!

Julie D. said...

Totally with you on the scale thing. Hang in there...you said you are gaining strength...it's most likely that you are gaining muscle!!! Love the pics. how fun.

Kerrie said...

I was getting really frustrated with the weight thing too. I swear the Bodybugg has opened my eyes. Now I know exactly how many calories I am burning, or NOT, thru the day. It was a rude awakening. Like they say on BL, it really is about math.

Jen said...

I've always wished I was that one who could lose weight by stopping soda or something too. Doesn't happen for me either. Don't worry, sometimes it just takes a while before it hits, and then it will start to come off. Love the pictures of your boys. They're so cute!

Kittee said...

I tagged you with an award on my blog. Go check it out! Happy Sunday

5 Miles Past Empty said...

Love all the pics!! Did Max get totally whacked in that pic of Cole swinging the bat? Looks very ominous!!

I am struggling with losing pounds too. I don't understand. The more I work the hungrier I get, I try to be healthy but see no results...grrrrr!

And as far as $$$$$$...I just do it. I have no organization whatsoever. It's so bad. We tried to used Quicken but it never worked right for us. I started it right as we got a random bonus and it never would sync with our bank account. It always said we had $10,000 more than we did. I was like, yeah, I wish!!!! Pshhhh. I guess what eneded up working for me was just a good old notebook where I drew a table with all our bills, money in, date and amount paid. Simple and easy.

Sister, we need each other! said...

Not sure how I ended up on your blog, but I did... I LOVE to run too! My goal is to do a half this fall!!

Anyway - just saw that you are frustrating with trying to lose weight. Check out www.draxe.com ... look at his healing foods diet! I guarantee if you have it to lose and you follow his diet plan you will lose 20 pounds in a month! No joke! Basically you eat REAL food - NO SUGAR ... also look at his ebook "the health virus"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...